Ads By Google

Monday, November 4, 2019

Will Rogers

Today is...............



William Penn Adair Rogers Birthday. He is 140 years old November 4, 2019
(4 November 1879 – 15 August 1935)

Will Rogers was beloved by all. If you Google his name be prepared to sift through
over about 395,000,000 or so hits.
A bit before my time I still knew of him as a child.
The reruns of him on early television still resonates within me  as I remember the cowboy, the lariat, and his home spun humor.

While researching I found that he was a Cherokee  citizen..... born in the Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory
Oklahoma
.
He was a radio personality, the nations most sought after public speaker,top box office draw,he wrote books, was a well read news paper columnist and much-much more!

To learn more about Will....... check out the Will Rogers Memorial Museum site.



No comments:

Post a Comment